Most people want to be the best parents they can be. It is helpful if they take the time to care for themselves, which will allow them to feel good so they can take care of their children.
* Take time out if you need to
* Take care of yourself – eat nutritious meals, exercise, pray or meditate, and get plenty of rest.
* Read books or articles on parenting, or take a class
* Learn what soothes a crying baby – learn about Shaken Baby Syndrome
* Think about how your words or actions may affect your child
* Listen to music
* Take a shower or a bath
* Get a massage
* Find out resources in your community
* Join a parenting support group
* Call someone you can trust
* Get to know your neighbors
* Ask for help